I recently fell in love, and I fell hard. I’d never really seen Fennel as something in my world, yet there was always something mysterious and alluring about it all the same. I was at the market a few months back and finally plucked up the courage to buy one bulb. This recipe was the result and I’ve not looked back since.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut fennel 1 inch above bulb to remove fronds (hold fronds for later).
- Slice apple and fennel into bite size chunks and add to large bowl.
- De-seed pomegranate (see below for details) and add seeds to bowl.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss salad in dressing and add fennel fronds as garnish.
HOW TO DE-SEED A POMEGRANATE
- Wash and slice in half.
- Take one of halves and hold cut side down over a medium size bowl.
- Using wooden spoon, tap firmly on the top surface of the pomegranate.
- I store pomegranate seeds in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and have them as snacks throughout the week.