This recipe is banging. It's super easy, yummy and, wait for it, moist! Yup, just casually throwing around the word moist right now because these pancakes are ballers.
I found this recipe via Ambitious Kitchen and have to say was so surprised that it didn't get a 5-star rating. I eat pancakes every weekend so I'm delighted to have found such a great recipe that is high in healthy carbs, fiber and not to mention packed with over 20g of protein! Best thing about it? You throw all the ingredients in the blender! *drops mic*
Serves 1 (for me) might be 2 for you
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup fat free (or low-fat) cottage cheese
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Fresh berries, bananas, yogurt, chocolate hazelnut butter, peanut butter, whipped coconut milk, almond flakes, etc
Recipe from Ambitious Kitchen
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth (approx. 30 secs).
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with coconut oil on medium low heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top.
- Flip pancake and cook until golden brown on underside.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more oil and remaining batter.
- Top with desired toppings.
*Makes 3-4 pancakes.