I adore this recipe, so simple, so healthy and so delicious. You might think 'nah, can't be that good. It's raw, it's pea and it's cold', I thought the same thing and boy was I wrong. Try it for yourself! And don't forget to read about all these health benefits of this small wonder.
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (about 1 ounce) or 1/4 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 12 ounces frozen green peas (no need to thaw, rinse to dilute sodium content)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, packed (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Recipe from Fat Free Vegan
- Place the water, cashews or avocado, and garlic into blender
- Blend at the highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add the peas, spinach, lemon juice, and mint.
- Blend at high speed until thick and smooth.
- Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, salt, and additional lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve cold.
The cashews give this soup richness and depth of flavor, but if you want to reduce the fat, use avocado instead and subtract 25 calories and 2 grams of fat from the nutritional figures below. If you can’t have any fat, you can leave out both cashews and avocado and subtract 3 grams of fat and 39 calories, but the results won’t be as delicious.
Calories: 112 Fat: 3.5g Carbohydrates: 15.3g Sugar: 5.2gSodium: 115mg Fiber: 4.4g Protein: 6.4g